Menu

Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Peace Prayer - St. Francis of Assisi

Lord,
Make me an instrument of your peace.
Where there is hatred, let me sow love;
Where there is injury, pardon;
Where there is doubt, faith;
Where there is despair, hope;
Where there is darkness, light, and
Where there is sadness, joy.

O Divine Master,
Grant that I may not so much
Seek to be consoled as to console;
To be understood as to understand;
To be loved, as to love;
For it is in giving that we receive;
It is in pardoning that we are pardoned,
And it is in dying that we are born to eternal life.

O=W=O=W=O=W=O=W=O=W=O

comments: We used to pray this prayer everyday shortly before our Homeroom class start when we were just in primary school / grade school / elementary school. I couldn't remember the real lines of what we say after the first paragraph, so I'll be asking my little sister about it.

Note: This post and note will be revised and/or deleted with/without prior notice.
iceblue007's anime, manga, reviews, recommendations, blogs and lists at Anime-Planet
Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews